We do not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
This policy describes:
- the types of information we may collect
- how we use, disclose, and protect it
- what choices you have.
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, can be associated with, or could reasonably be linked — directly or indirectly — with a particular individual.
Accepting this Policy and our Terms and Conditions of Use. By visiting the Site or using the Services you automatically accept the policy and practices described in this updated Policy and our current Terms and Conditions (into which the Policy is incorporated). The Policy that governs our use of your information is the one that’s in effect at the time we use your information. If we make changes to this Policy and you continue to use the Site or Services afterwards, you are deemed to accept the amended terms and conditions of the Policy.
Changes to this Policy. Our systems and procedures may change as both our technology and data practices evolve. We will update this Policy periodically to reflect these changes. When we make changes, we will post the updated Policy on this page with a revised “last updated” date at the top of the page. This way you are always aware of our most current practices with respect to the type of information we collect, how we will use it, and under what circumstances we may share your information. If, at any point in time, we make a material change to this Policy we will also notify you by posting a notice on our website or otherwise. Please check back here from time to time to stay aware of our data practices.
What Kinds of Information do we Collect?
Our offerings are personalized to our individual users. We need to collect a range of information about you so that we can operate our Site and Services. Here are the kinds of information that includes.
- Information you choose to share. You can visit our Site without providing any information about yourself. If you choose to purchase products or services, send us emails, participate in surveys, or otherwise contact us through the Site, we will need information about you to fulfil your request. In these cases, we may collect your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card, or other billing information, as well as additional information you directly submit. If you register for an account, we will also ask you to choose a username and password to use to access your account.
- Information we collect automatically. As you explore our Site or use our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. This may include, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name, access time, websites that you visit before and after visiting our Site, and information about your computer hardware or software. We may use technologies provided by third parties who assist us with behavioral analytics, as well as tracking technologies, and server logs.
- As part of the information we automatically collect on the Site, we may log information using “cookies” or similar types of technology. Cookies are small data files stored on your device by a website. We may use two types of cookies to provide you with a personal, interactive experience on our Site:
- session cookies, used to store data about your current visit to the site and which are deleted once you leave the Site
- persistent cookies, which stay on your device until you delete them.
Please read about the specific types of cookies we use and their purposes in more detail below.
How do we Use the Information we Collect?
We use the information we collect to personalize our Site and Services to you. That means we might use the information in a range of different ways. They’re listed here.
- To register you and provide you with access to the Site and/or Services through your account. This includes administering your account and verifying that you are the registered user of the Site and/or Services.
- To help us operate our Site and to ensure delivery and smooth performance of the Services you need and request.
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Site and Services, develop new products or services, and to personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Site and Services for your use.
- To send you promotional communications. These may include emails to inform you of other possible products or services we offer, or which are offered by third parties; surveys, or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential new services offered; social notifications; or other newsletters depending on your settings.
- To send you SMS messages and push notifications if you have opted in to such programs.
- To send you administrative communications. These may include emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts relating to your account, our Site or the Services you have selected and are using.
- To respond to your comments and questions, provide you with information, and provide you with user support.
- To process payments you make through our Site or Services.
- To administer any promotion or competition.
- To administer our Site and for internal business administration and operations including to analyze, benchmark, troubleshoot, test, conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Site and Service.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To administer or otherwise carry out our legal and compliance obligations or resolve disputes in relation to any agreement we have with you or others, including our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- To protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and to protect the rights, property and safety of LeadershipTBD, our users and others.
How is This Information Shared?
LeadershipTBD prioritizes your privacy. So, we will not disclose your information except in a handful of situations. They’re explained here.
- Where you requested or authorized sharing your information with third parties. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have requested it or provided your authorization to do so.
- Completing transactions. We may share your personal information with third parties if the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you. For instance, if you make a purchase through the Site, we will share the information you provide with a payment processor or fulfillment provider to complete your transaction. If you provide information in connection with a survey, we will share the information with the company that sponsors or operates the survey.
- With our agents, contractors, service providers, and other third parties. We work with agents, contractors, service providers, and third parties who perform services on our behalf and help us improve and support our Site and Services.
We may share your personal information with these third parties so that they can assist us with services such as:
- data analysis
- payment processing
- information technology
- promotional and advertising assistance
- related infrastructure, email delivery, and other similar services.
Our contractors, service providers, and other third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep your personal information confidential and use it only to provide the services we’ve requested.
- In connection with a company transaction. We may share your personal information in connection with a business transaction involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets where personal information held by LeadershipTBD about our users is among the assets transferred. These transactions can include any merger, financing, sale, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Legal compliance and protection. We may share your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, including:
- to respond to requests from government representatives and others
- to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or government request
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements
- to protect our, your, or others’ rights, property or safety, such as:
- a physical threat to you or others
- a threat to homeland security
- a threat to LeadershipTBD’s systems or networks
- an attempted or actual violation of intellectual property rights
- any cases in which LeadershipTBD believes it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement we may have with you.
- Aggregated information. We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, de-identified or otherwise non-personal information (such as usage statistics of our Services) with third parties.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
How we Make Your Data Anonymous
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we’re talking about data and information that doesn’t allow you to be identified, either alone or when it’s combined with any other information that’s available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information we collect using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information, such as your name, that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns and make improvements to our Site and Services.
What Types of Cookies do we Use?
We use several types of cookies and similar technologies on our Site. Here’s a list of those technologies, and what they do.
- Essential/Required Cookies. These cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through our Site and Services. These enable the navigation and basic functionality of the Site and Services.
- Functionality Cookies. We use these cookies to remember the choices you make when you use the Site and Services. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience on our Site and Services.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. We use these cookies to collect information about traffic to LeadershipTBD.com and how members use our Site and Services. The data is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our Site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve our Site and Services.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the Site, or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a service that collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its cookie to track visitor interactions. To learn more about the data collected by Google Analytics, see www.google.com/policies/privacy.
- Google reCAPTCHA. We use Google reCAPTCHA, a service that identifies bots by collecting hardware and software information and sending that data to Google for analysis. To learn more about Google reCAPTCHA, see www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/invisible.html and www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
You can typically remove and reject cookies through your browser settings. For step-by-step instructions, please check your browser’s help section. Here are links for popular browsers:
Further general information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do not Track Disclosure
We currently do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser. We will continue to consider using this type of technology as it continues to develop.
How Can I Manage or Delete my Personal Information?
LeadershipTBD makes sure you keep control over your own personal information. You can opt out, and access, amend, move, and erase your data. Here’s how.
Opt out. You can contact us any time to opt out of email communications, newsletters, or promotional communications. You may stop receiving SMS messages by sending the SMS message “STOP” to the applicable short code. When you receive promotional emails from us, you can also unsubscribe from, or opt. out of, future promotional emails by clicking the link at the bottom of any of the emails. You can’t opt out of receiving administrative communications.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. Please note that your use of some of the Site or Services may be ineffective if you do this. To unsubscribe or opt out of any third-party websites, go to that specific website to make those changes.
Visitors From California
Visitors From Nevada
We do not nor do we plan to transfer personal information for monetary consideration.
Collection of Information From Children
Our Site and Services are not designed nor intended to be directed at, or attractive to use by, children.
If you are under 16, you may only use the Site and Services with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
How we use Your Testimonials and Feedback
We appreciate your testimonials and feedback about the experiences you’ve had with our Services, and occasionally we publish them. If we choose to use what you’ve shared with us, we will ask you for your consent before we post your feedback in any public area.
What About Links to Other Websites?
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage (“third parties”).
Our Services may provide links or access to third-party sites; however, we offer these links merely for your convenience.
We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for third-party sites, content, or any products or services available through third-party sites. Any data or information you provide to third-party websites, you provide at your own risk.
We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party sites that you interact with.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards and procedures to protect your personal information under our control from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, loss, alteration or misuse. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with storage and transmission of personal data.
You also play a role in protecting your information when using the Site and the Services. If we receive instructions using your login information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions, so please protect your login information.